Welcome to the Romanian Network for Migration Studies
Set up in 2016, RoMig – the Romanian Network for Migration Studies is a network of Romanian scholars with different disciplinary backgrounds who share an interest in international migration.
Romanian Network for Migration Studies
September 23-24, 2021
The RoMig Network, in collaboration with the Centre for European Studies (“Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi) and the “Gh. Zane” Institute for Economic and Social Research (Romanian Academy, Iasi Branch) is organizing the 3rd Annual Conference of the Romanian Network for Migration Studies.
The conference aims to support networking between scholars, practitioners, and policymakers working in the field of migration. Furthermore, it aims at providing novel insights, while raising awareness of the migration challenges that EU member states are currently facing.
Because of the travel restrictions related to the Covid-19, the conference will be held virtually September 23-24, 2021.
- Alina Botezat, “Gh. Zane” Institute for Economic and Social Research, Romanian Academy
- Cristian Încalțărau, Centre for European Studies, “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi; “Gh. Zane” Institute for Economic and Social Research, Romanian Academy
- Mihaela David, “Gh. Zane” Institute for Economic and Social Research, Romanian Academy
Academics, students and practitioners working in the field of migration and social integration are welcomed to join the RoMig network.
- Migration, ethnicity and identity;
- Migration and development nexus;
- Migration, employment and labour markets;
- Diasporas and remittances;
- Migration, transnationalism and social change;
- The mobility transition pattern;
- Refugee and asylum migration;
- Evolution and effectiveness of migration policies;
- Data sources and their uses in the study of migration;
- Post-pandemic migration;
- Frontier issues of the migration theories and evidence.